I have always believed in blending traditional marketing and
social media marketing as a firm marketing strategy. However in recent years,
Facebook and other forms of social marketing have seized on the popularity that
they have. Below is an adaptation of an article I am working on for another
site that is not real estate specific.
The dilemma on Facebook for Real Estate
For real estate agents Facebook was once king, however due
to recent algorithm changes it has become less and less effective. Facebook has
basically decided that if you would like to advertise on the social network you
will have to pay for it. There are some alternatives to Facebook that your real
estate brand should be using.
This network should be an obvious one, it is the number one business
to business networking site in the world. How can this help your real estate
career? Referrals; business to business is basically agent to agent in the real
estate world. LinkedIn also allows for SEO optimized profiles to increase page
views which could ultimately lead to possible lead sources outside of the agent
to agent referrals. When I was working in Real estate one of the ways I thought
would develop relationships with other agents was to send them a video like this one, thanks to Ivan
Harris Sr.
I know where I am in Tucson it is not a twitter town yet,
but we will get there because of our proximity to California. Twitter is the
best place to directly connect with potential clients and referral partners. Remember
to add to the conversation on twitter. This article from Century
21 gives some simple tips that you can use today on twitter.
Yelp
The future of social media is divided, location based applications
and secret applications. (think snapchat) Yelp is the former. Real estate
agents can leverage Yelp by assisting clients to review both their services and
recommend them to friends. Sales
Blend has a great article on how to solicit reviews on Yelp.
Google+
I have been saying for years that this social network is the
diamond in the rough and I still believe it. Some say “well, it has not taken
off” to which I say “how do you search online?” If you are a Google user and
your business does not have a +page you are missing out on some high quality
SEO. For more information on Google+ and how it can develop your business pleas
review Martin Shervington’s
great website and be sure to “Circle” him as he post great content that you can
use.
For Real Estate agents who are looking for a better way of marketing please contact Chris @ chris.webb@novahomeloans.com


No comments:
Post a Comment