I meet with agents all the time and they ask me about content. “What should I write? What can I write about?” If you have read some of my posts recently I have had a few different themes, however they all have to deal with online marketing. So if your real estate career all centers on real estate, what would be the common theme???
Write about what you know!
Real estate can be broken down much like online marketing. Review the outlines below.
These are similar in that we can branch out to each industry and provide great insight into particular aspects of both online marketing and real estate. When we look at the aspects in the second tier of the outline, this is what we refer to as niche subjects or long tail keywords. The long tail comes when you combine the first tier with the second tier. For example, “What investors in BLANK location need to know about BLANK” I used the investors and location as my guide to come up with the headline for the post.
Bonus Content
Buyers and the buying process are great places to start when blogging. But what does it look like? Let’s look at a few questions that you should ask yourself about your area. Typically your buying process post will consist of a step by step approach. So question one – what type of homes are in your area? Are they condo’s, manufactured homes, luxury homes, single family, multifamily? This is the beginning of educating a buyer on your area, allowing them to compare apples to apples. Next question – how quickly do home close in your area? This also serves as a chance to educate. If they do not know what the end of the process is, how will they know they are progressing? Third question – amenities not tied to the property. This means non-HOA aspects, such as local coffee shops or points of interest. For example, where I live in Tucson we have a walking, running, and cycling path within 500 feet of my home. We also are a short walk to a local park. Because I have no children these concerns are secondary to me, however I know people who have moved to our neighborhood because of the proximity to the park and pathway.
To recap…
Q1 – What type of homes are in your area?
Q2 – How quickly can buyers expect to close on a home in your area?
Q3 – What additional points of interest are available aside from the HOA? (Parks, Coffee Shops, etc)
English 101
If the three questions above are formatted in something you think you have seen before, they are. Remember when we were learning to write and we had to have an opening paragraph, three body paragraphs and a conclusion. Blogging can be the same way. You just need to know how the topics work together. Always use and outline and see where the topics and subtopics fit.
In conclusion
Blogging for real estate is simple, not easy (yes, I am a former KW agent); remember to keep your topics local and break them down to questions people are asking about. If they are wondering why more new homes are being built, write about the construction in your area. Blogging is not difficult, especially if you plan it out. Remember real estate is an industry everyone has some stake in and they are asking questions about it. Who will give them the answers…will it be you?

No comments:
Post a Comment