Friday, June 26, 2015

Facebook Branding for Real Estate Agents

Facebook Branding 

I was working on a referring partners Facebook page this morning and came across some a technical issue which I am sure agents have struggled with in the past. I wanted to give a simple tips on getting through this technical problem and encourage agents to try some great online resources for branding on Facebook.



Branding on Facebook is a topic of much debate because most agents do not even brand themselves off of Facebook. They simply think branding is something done by large companies who have marketing budgets. This could not be further from the truth. Branding is an absolute must in every small business and most agents are independent contractors who should focus on branding even before they get licensed. Agents who are not on teams do not necessarily think about branding. However, it should be part of their job because without even knowing it they are already creating a brand through Facebook.

A recent report on social media only confirms this aspect of branding. How can agents be branding without knowing about it? Every picture, every post, and every article they share online are developing their online persona which is being conveyed to, potentially, every friend they have.  We have all see these photos online in some form, what this does is elaborate on the unknown branding we all do through social media shares like facebook posts.

Facebook Branding - a technical issue 


Now that I have thoroughly expounded on the branding aspect of social media as a whole and Facebook in particular. I wand to share with you a little tweak to make you Facebook Page a little more professional.

Here is an image of a cover photo I made for an agent outside of Facebook.

Here it is on the Facebook cover page.



Can you see the issue I am having? The text on the photo and the text on Facebook are overlapping. To solve this problem, I simply went back to my photo editor and moved up the text. (I also recolored the text and the background to make it pop a little better)


Now it looks better than the original because all the text is aligned properly and it is formatted correctly.  Like Her Page Here and Ours Here 

Technical issues can hamper a branding message so it is important to think about exactly how you want your brand to look online. This tip is one which I hope will save you time and effort in your Facebook branding.

Facebook Branding - online resources


There are several online resources which agents can use to develop their branding message. I will go through a few of them here.

Free Facebook Branding Resources

PicMonkey

PicMonkey is always a go to resource for me since it allows for easy Facebook cover image templates. It allows the user to add images and create simple and clean facebook cover photos. PicMonkey also allows for some simple photo editing and enhancement features. Play around on this site and see what your can come up with.

Canva 

Canva is another online photo editing site. It allows for users to create useful social media photos and even customizable Facebook cover photos. I used this service to create the Facebook cover photo above. I am a little new to this site, yet I find it quite easy and fun. I look forward to exploring this website in the near future. 


If you are in Arizona and would like to learn more about branding or just sit down with me for a little bit, please give me a call at 750-8888 or email at chris.webb@novahomeloans.com

No comments:

Post a Comment